The Queens County Bird Club will be hosting a raffle at their table, and we hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to support the club AND win one or more of our great raffle prizes. The prizes have been donated by some of the best publishing, digital and camping companies in the birding world, and are a part of QCBC’s and NYSOA’s goals of advancing education and supporting research. Raffle ticket purchasers will be able to select the prizes they would like to win.
PRIZE #1: The Crossley Guides.
The Crossley ID: Eastern Birds, by Richard Crossley, turned the art of the field guide upside down, and The Crossley ID Guide: Raptors, by Richard Crossley, Jerrry Liguori, and Brian Sullivan continued this revolutionary series.
Donated by Princeton University Press
PRIZE #2 & PRIZE #3: Birding at Sea (and lakes and the beach): The Peterson Reference Guides. There are two prizes, each consisting of the new Peterson Reference Guide to Seawatching by Ken Behrens and Cameron Cox AND the excellent Gulls of the Americas by Steve N. G. Howell and Jon Dunn.
Donated by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
PRIZE #4: The Warbler All-Media Prize. This combo package, created for birders who never leave home without their iPhones:
BirdsEye Smartphone Apps–BirdsEye North American and BirdLog
BirdJam – HeadsUp Warblers
The Warbler Guide by Tom Stephenson and Scott Whittle
Prizes donated by BirdsEye Birding, birdJam, and Princeton University Press
PRIZE #5 – EMS PACKAGE
Eastern Mountain Sports daypack, Nalgene water bottle, Repel non-Deet bug repellant, $50 certificate for camping equipment rental redeemable at EMS Carle Place.
Donated by EMS, Carle Place
PRIZE #6 – BIRD PENDANT
- Pick out which prizes you would like to win from the list below.
- Purchase your ticket(s). Price: $1.00 each. 7 tickets for $5.00
- Keep your ticket coupons (“keep this coupon”) in order to redeem a prize if you win.
- Place your tickets into the slotted containers corresponding to the prizes you would like to win. The more tickets you put in a container, the better the chance you have of winning that prize.
- There will be one prize awarded from the tickets in each container.
- The drawings will be held at the conference banquet in the Grand Ballroom on the night of Saturday, November 2, 2013. Approximate time of drawing: 8 pm to 8:30 pm.
- The winning ticket coupon must be presented at the time of the drawing. If a winning ticket is drawn and there is no response, another ticket will be drawn.
- No prizes will be mailed. They must be picked up.
- If you would like to participate in the raffle but you are not attending the banquet, you may either:
- Give your ticket coupons to a friend who is attending to pick up your prize for you (recommended).
- Give your ticket coupons to a Queens County Bird Club representative at the QCBC table. Fill out a raffle contact information sheet, to which your ticket coupons will be attached. If you win, you may pick up your prize at a later date in Queens at a QCBC meeting, at the home of a QCBC member, or by some other arrangement.